Court says injunction on Ga Manye funeral was an error

Estimated read time 2 min read

The Accra High Court has set aside an earlier ruling which placed an injunction on the funeral of the late Ga Manye Naa Dedei Omaedru III. This follows the court’s earlier decision on Wednesday which injuncted the funeral of the late traditional leader.

However, in a twist of things that now paves the way for the funeral to continue and proceed as scheduled, the court has set aside its initial order.

The court’s order on Wednesday read: “It is hereby ORDERED Defendants/Respondents or the Funeral Committee chaired by Nii Otintor II, all members of the committee, their privies, workmen, assigns and all persons working through them are restrained from handling, organizing, touching performing or dealing with the remained of the Late Queen Mother, Naa Dedei Omaedru III in any manner for a period of ten (10) days.”

But on Thursday, Justice Patrick Baayeh, a justice of the High Court said the initial ruling was an error. He said the applicants had not furnished the court with the true state of affairs. He therefore set aside the earlier ruling.

“I am of the view that the Order of Interim Injunction granted on 25th October 2023 was made in error. The Applicants failed to give the Court the true state of affairs.”

“In fairness to the parties, therefore, the Order of Interim Injunction granted on 25th October 2023 is hereby set aside. Any party desirous of proceeding may come on notice to the other party for a proper evaluation of the evidence from both sides.”

Despite the interim injunction which meant the funeral could not proceed until after 10 days, processes had already begun to give the late Ga Manye her final rest.

A court order setting aside the earlier ruling which placed an interim injunction on the funeral of the late Ga Manye

You May Also Like

More From Author

+ There are no comments

Add yours

Leave a Reply