Lady takes her dead uncle to bank to approve a loan

Estimated read time 3 min read

A Brazilian lady is currently in the grips of the Rio de Janeiro police for allegedly taking her dead uncle to a bank to acquire a loan. Erika de Souza Vieira Nunes, 42, walked into a branch of Itau Unibanco in Bangu in Rio de Janeiro to contract a R$17,000 ($3,200) loan in the name of her 68-year-old alleged uncle.

However, the bank staff noticed the weird exchanges between Miss Nunes and her lifeless uncle. She supported the head of the 68-year-old with her hand as the man’s head could not stay upright. Despite her attempted conversations with the man, urging him to append his signature to the loan documents, he did not respond to any.

In a video captured by one of the bank’s staff which has since been shared on social media, Paulo Roberto Braga showed no signs that he had life in him.

But Erika Nunes nonetheless tried to make him sign the documents. She encouraged her uncle to sign the papers and save her from further headaches.

“Uncle, are you listening? You need to sign. If you don’t sign it, there’s no way. “I can’t sign for you, what I can do I’ll do. Sign here, same as the document. Sign so you don’t give me any more headaches,” she said.

But as the bank’s staff’s suspicion kept rising, Erika did not stop her efforts to get her uncle to sign the documents. She said her uncle is just a quiet person and doesn’t talk.

“Uncle, are you feeling something? He doesn’t say anything, that’s just how he is. If you’re not okay, I’m going to take you to the hospital. Do you want to go to the Emergency Room again?” she asked the lifeless Paulo Roberto Braga.

While Erika de Souza Vieira Nunes continued her efforts, the bank employees called emergency service. Paramedics arrived at the scene and confirmed that Paulo Roberto Braga was dead. Erika de Souza Vieira Nunes was arrested and charged with verification of a corpse and attempted theft by fraud.

However, Erika de Souza Viera Nunes’ lawyer argued Paulo Roberto Braga died at the counter. The lawyer said Mr Paul Braga entered the facility alive and there are witnesses to confirm that.

“The facts did not happen as they were narrated. Mr. Paulo arrived at the banking unit alive. There are witnesses who, at the appropriate time, will also be heard. He started to feel sick, and then he had all these procedures. All of this will be clarified and we believe in Mrs. Érika’s innocence,” Ana Carla de Souza Correa said as per g1.

Also, the lawyer added that Erika Nunes has a psychiatric case and that has been submitted to the police.

“Mrs. Érika undergoes psychological treatment, she takes controlled medication. She underwent bariatric treatment and needs psychological treatment.”

You May Also Like

More From Author

+ There are no comments

Add yours

Leave a Reply